What is an Academic Board?

Academic Boards are independent bodies that oversee academic study in the University. There are three Academic Boards, namely Academic Board (Undergraduate), Academic Board (Postgraduate Taught) and Academic Board (Research).  Through these Academic Boards, a University-wide approach to the application of regulations, procedures and quality system will be maintained and students will be guaranteed independent and equitable treatment in areas ranging from the determination of results to academic appeals. The ultimate power which an Academic Board can exercise is that of failing or withdrawing a student.  Details of the Academic Boards are given below.

Academic Board (Undergraduate)

Dean: Professor Derek Connon (College of Arts and Humanities)

Administrative Contact:   Mrs Fiona Rees-Cridland (Academic Services)

Academic Board (Postgraduate Taught)

Dean: Professor David Gethin (College of Engineering)

Administrative Contact:   Mrs Jane Lewis-Normand (Academic Services)

Academic Board (Research)

Dean: Dr Deborah Fitzsimmons (College of Human and Health Sciences)

Administrative Contact:   Miss Vicky Jones (Academic Services)

Last update:
19-05-2016 15:07
Rachel Hicks
Average rating:0 (0 Votes)

You cannot comment on this entry

Chuck Norris has counted to infinity. Twice.

Records in this category

Most visited RSS

  1. I need a transcript, what should I do? (38672 views)
  2. How do I change my password? (15441 views)
  3. I cannot log in to my Intranet/Blackboard account. Is ... (10964 views)
  4. I have a question about my Higher Education Achievement ... (9306 views)
  5. When is the Library open? (8414 views)
  6. Will I still have access to my University accounts ... (8351 views)
  7. Can I defer my place for a year? (8271 views)
  8. Can I get a car parking permit? (7464 views)
  9. Where can I find my timetable? (7313 views)
  10. Where do I go to register with a doctor? ... (7181 views)


Sticky FAQs