What happens if I don’t pass?

If your grades have been low and put you at risk of not being awarded an honours degree, there are several possible outcomes. There may be an opportunity to re-sit one or more exams, or re-take one or more modules. You should discuss this with your personal tutor, who will be able to advise and make arrangements.

If you ultimately fall below the 40% average grade required for a 3rd Class Honours degree you may be awarded an Ordinary/Unclassified degree. This is considered a lesser qualification than an honours degree but still counts as a graduation.

If you have passed some modules but not earned sufficient credits to graduate with honours, it may be possible to take an Exit Qualification - either a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma, depending on the number of credits earned.

If you would like to discuss your options with someone, please email myunihub@swansea.ac.uk. 

Last update:
22-06-2016 14:28
Abby Harries Heat
Average rating:0 (0 Votes)

You cannot comment on this entry

Chuck Norris has counted to infinity. Twice.

Records in this category

Most visited RSS

  1. When will my degree be officially awarded? (4552 views)
  2. I am a joint honours student and wish to ... (3820 views)
  3. How can I hire my gown and how much ... (3317 views)
  4. What happens if I don’t pass? (2423 views)
  5. When I graduate, which documents will I receive from ... (2392 views)
  6. My family wish to attend my ceremony from outside ... (2386 views)
  7. I am not able to attend graduation, can I ... (2353 views)
  8. How can I book my place at Graduation? (2079 views)
  9. Will there be additional tickets available? (1957 views)
  10. How can I request a copy of the Graduation ... (1863 views)


Sticky FAQs