What is Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA)?

Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) are for any extra costs you have on your course because of your disability. They are only available in Higher Education and are divided into four separate categories. You can apply for DSAs for part-time study as long as you do not exceed twice the time period normally required to complete full-time study for the course. Overseas students are not eligible for these allowances. 

It is currently a non means tested allowance.  Any UK student with a long term disability can apply.  There is limited support for Channel Islands, Ireland and the Isle of Man.  International students are not eligible. 

More information can be found here: 


If you wish to discuss further, please make an appointment with a Disability Case worker.  Appointments can be made by calling 01792 606000 or by e-mailing myunihub@swansea.ac.uk


You can also call into the MyUniHub Reception in the Abbey Stable Block on Singleton Campus or the Tower Information Centre on Bay Campus

Last update:
26-07-2018 16:37
Bobby Loosmore
Average rating:0 (0 Votes)

You cannot comment on this entry

Chuck Norris has counted to infinity. Twice.

Records in this category

Most visited RSS

  1. I am new student starting in September and I ... (21197 views)
  2. My Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) equipment is broken/damaged – ... (13452 views)
  3. Where do I apply for Disabled Students Allowance Funding? ... (11259 views)
  4. I have received a letter from my funding body ... (5205 views)
  5. Mae angen i mi siarad â rhywun am fy ... (5149 views)
  6. I have received a letter advising I can book ... (4505 views)
  7. What is Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA)? (4368 views)
  8. Can I book an assessment straight away or do ... (3682 views)
  9. How can I apply to work as a Note ... (3611 views)
  10. I think I may be dyslexic what do I ... (3609 views)


Sticky FAQs